Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Steroids, or Why I've Lost All My Joy for Food and Life

I'm never sick. Like freakishly NEVER sick. One of those people you hate because while the rest of the world is hacking their head off, I'm sitting pretty enjoying clear breathing and snotless nights. Having said all of that, however, you can officially hate me no more, because this year I've been sick twice. And not just normal, I have a cold sick, nope, I've been laid up in bed, miserable, wondering why I ever gloated that I never get sick in the first place, sick. Sick sick.

Right now, my being sick is not the most annoying part of being sick. Nope, that award goes to STEROIDS and ANTIBIOTICS. Antibiotics is an enemy I'm familiar with. Yep, I'm familiar with the fact that they make my stomach a churning mess and take away all of taste-buds, and I've pretty much come to terms with that. No, I don't like it, but I can deal with it. What I can't deal with is the fact that on top of having my stomach torn up, having my taste-buds stripped away, these damn steroids have made me ANGRY about it all. So now my husband lives in fear of me, my cats hide whenever I enter a room, and the previous joy I received from having food to look forward to everyday is GONE.

This too shall pass, but until it does, my blog posts will revolved around "angry white woman" themes and will have little entertainment value and merit.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving ♥!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...