Sunday, February 27, 2011

Ribs, anyone?


Another weekend is coming to a close. Such is life, but I still can't help but mourn the passing of yet another weekend every Sunday night. Around 5:00 or 6:00pm, I start to mope in anticipation of the work week. To distract me from this ritual, Jeremy has been planning and promising a rib cookout all weekend. And I've gotta say it's a great way to end a pretty perfect weekend.

After a horrible work week, I was looking forward to this weekend more than any weekend before it...well, maybe not that much, but you get the point. We started off with a yummy outing at The Lazy Donkey on Friday night with my parents (more to come on the Donkey later, when I plan to do a full review after Jeremy and I take my Aunt Claire there this Friday night). And yesterday, I got to spend the entire afternoon with two of my favorite people: my nephew Garrett and my cousin's toddler Landon. Seeing them play together and chase each other around almost (ALMOST) makes me want to have one of my own, but Jeremy and I both agree that now is not the time. Maybe in the future. Maybe :)

Today, I sadly spent most of the day in bed with a migraine, but around 4:00, my head finally stopped trying to depart from my body, and I found that I could mostly hold it together enough for a quick trip to Home Depot. Thanks to my friend Payton, Jeremy and I have been inspired to tile the backsplash of our kitchen, so we looked at tile and at gardening stuff at the Depot. Fun times. And now, here I sit killing time writing while Jeremy whips up the ribs as promised. Ribs, baked potatoes, and wine...a meal that just might get me through another work week.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving ♥!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...