Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Don't Cry Because It's Over...

It's so hard to believe that it's over. As much time as I spent looking forward to it, preparing for it, planning it, and dreaming about it, the actual time spent on my vacation was gone in a flash. I suppose that's true for everyone, and I don't know about y'all, but I get sick of that. Sick of working all the time. And time at work never goes by fast...no way, no how. But whatever, that's life as they say.

We had a wonderful time in Blue Ridge, which is where we spent our mini-vacation. Every year my parents rent a cabin and invite me and my husband, along with my sister, her husband, and my precious nephew to join them in the relaxation and beauty of the North Georgia mountains. This trip was another great one. We fished, hiked, read books, and just enjoyed each other's company. My nearly two-year old nephew hunted Easter eggs on Sunday, and on Saturday night, we celebrated my sister's and her husband's birthdays which are coming up in the next couple of weeks. My brother-in-law had complained a few weeks ago that he never gets anything "fun" for gifts, which I supposed is pretty true. We always get him practical things like clothes or socks, so this year I made it a point to fill his birthday bag with "fun stuff." A whoopee cushion, a paddle ball, and a water gun. The whoopee cushion was a huge hit, and for the rest of the trip, we were all victims of it at various times. Nothing seems to make a man happier than farting noises.
source
Along with happy memories and a couple of cheap souvenirs, we came back from this trip with an unfortunate, deceased victim. Our laptop died. *cue sad music* It lived a good life (although not a very long one), but alas, it has moved on to a better place. All of our pictures, music, and my manuscript were on it, so keep your fingers crossed we can recover the data! And another problem we're facing is that our desktop computer has been on the fritz for years now, so right now I don't have anything I can really work on. Just getting this post up took a lot of work and loading time. We're in the market for a new laptop, so if anyone has any suggestions (or warnings of brands or types to stay away from) let me know.

I'm going to catch up on all my favorite blogs asap. I've missed you guys!

Oh, and happy day! My feature at For the Love of Blogs was just posted. Check it out!

14 comments:

  1. First, welcome back! I was thrilled to see a friend being featured today on FTLOB! Happy for you, girly! Sorry to hear about your laptop. I love my Mac.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your FTLOB feature! YAY! I'm glad you enjoyed your mini-vacay. Sorry about the laptop... I was afraid something like that had happened when we didn't hear from you for a few days here in "bloggyland"... LOL

    P.S. I want Chicken Noodle Gravy for dinner tonight... :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. FTLOB post- so exciting! I'm sorry about your laptop, but it sounds like a lovely weekend otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun little get away. I will be hoping for you that the recover most everything from your computer. I hate when that happens!
    The feature was awesome, what a way to come back from vacay, huh!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so glad it was a nice trip!! saw the ftlob feature today!! congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your feature on FTLOB! You have an awesome, interesting blog (and I am enthralled by that Chicken Noodle Gravy recipe!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bummer on the laptop! That happened to me a month ago. I ended up getting new HP at the suggestion of the IT Director at my husband's job. I'll ask again what it was that he said to look for message you...
    Your vacation sounds dreamy. My family would end up killing one another if we spent time in a cabin together. Though the whoopie cushion would most definitely lighten things up a bit!
    Congrats on your FTLOB feature!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you had a good trip. I missed you.
    Sorry about the laptop. That bites.
    Off to check you out at FLOB's. I'm so proud to say I know you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not sure if you are a Windows or Mac person but I recently purchased a MacBook and I LOVE IT. You can download apps so you can have Twitter and Facebook going on the side while using the browser to blog and such. LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha Ha! I love the whoopie cushion as a gift! Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad you're back, Katie! How I loved reading all your comments this evening :D Sounds like you guys had an awesome, awesome time.

    That sucks about your computer...omg! The way I got my laptop is by shopping the Dell refurbished section: http://www.dell.com/outlet They have some KILLER deals. Ours has been going strong for almost four years now. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back and congrats on your feature! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad you had such a wonderful vacation. But oh NO about your laptop! That's my worst fear. I hope you can get all your data off it. I would totally be freaking out right about now. You seem quite calm about it all!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving ♥!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...