Monday, September 5, 2011

Etsy Shop Spotlight: Budugalee

I have a rule over here at Chicken Noodle Gravy. Yep, only one rule, so I try to stick by it no matter what. My one rule is that I only blog about things that I'm passionate about. That's why I don't do reviews much. I know that reviews can be bad or good, but I'm not particularly fond of writing bad reviews, so I just avoid writing about anything I don't like. It's my blog; I can do that kind of thing.

The point is that I only plug something if I feel really good about it. I don't like BS, so I try to not spread it around too much. All that being said, I'd like to plug a couple of things in my next two posts: the Etsy shops of two of my very best bloggy friends.

I'll begin with Bernie of One Mixed Bag. Now, you've heard me gush about Bernie before in The Dish, but this time I'd like to focus on her Etsy shop: Budugalee. By the way, try saying the name of the shop aloud...funny stuff and SO Bernie :)


As you can see from the banner above, Budugalee is already all decked out for Halloween, which is another reason to love this shop, because who isn't ready for Halloween and some cooler weather? But I digress. Bernie's Etsy shop specializes in handmade, uniquely-designed cards. Card-making has been a hobby of Bernie's and only recently did she start expanding that hobby into the world of Etsy.

Now, I can speak from personal experience because I have purchased cards from Budugalee, and I just want to tell you how excellent these cards truly are. Her card stock is substantial, and the card feels like a quality product. Almost like the ones you'd buy in a commercial card shop...only better. Really. Bernie's cards are better than anything you can buy in a traditional store, because they are unique and one-of-a-kind. They are made with love and care, and this fact is obvious as soon as you see one of her cards in person.

Most of the cards from Budugalee contain wonderful vintage images that Bernie dresses up with cute scrap accessories, glitter, and much more. I've purchased several cards from Bernie already, and I've truly been impressed with her workmanship and creativity.

Just look!


Easily my favorite greeting card EVER. 

Knowing I love owls, Bernie made this card especially for me! I'm thinking of having it framed I love it THAT much!


Each card is stamped with an official Budugalee stamp from Bernie and her husband's rubber stamp shop:  Rubber Stamp Shop. They even make custom stamps! Check them out!
I hope these will give you an idea of the style of card Bernie makes but don't think she's limited by anything. Her imagination is vast and wonderful, and pretty much anything you can think of, Bernie can probably do. This fact was proven when I ordered a custom card from Budugalee for my husband's birthday. I made some interesting requests to say the least, but Bernie was able to take my vision and turn it into a fabulous (not to mention hilarious) card. I can't wait to see my husband's face when he gets the card!

Oh, and by the way, when you purchase cards from Budugalee, you'll be in for some fast shipping and carefully packaged items. I sold on Ebay for years, so I know just how important little things like this can be when you make online purchases!

I really can't gush enough about Budugalee Cards, so I'll stop before I get carried away. If you're ever in the market for greeting cards or blank cards of any kind, hit Bernie up. She's got a talent for it, yo!




Linking up with:


 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...